060608


Giardino dei Giusti a Villa Pamphilj

Typology: City park

Contacts

Opening times

Information

free admission

Modalità di partecipazione: Free entrance

Description

The building, also knows as Casino di Allegrezze or delle Statue, is located inside the Villa Doria Pamphily. It was built by Alessandro Algardi and GF Grimaldi in 1644-48, and has a palladian plan with a great round hall of two floors. At the first floor is a round hall rich of ancient statues and elegant classic stuccoes.Outside is a secret garden, according to the vogue of Rome in the second half of the 16th century. Bought with the villa by the State and the city of Rome in 1967, it is now the seat of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers.

For more information

Culture and leisure › Green › Gardens, villas and urban parks
Last checked: 2020-05-11 11:08
©2007 - Roma Classic version