Chiesa Ss. Quirico e Giulitta

Typology: Non Parish Church


Address: Via Tor de' Conti, 31/a
Zone: Rione Monti (Colosseo-S.Giovanni-S.Maria Maggiore) (Roma centro)
Enter your starting address


Telephone: +39 06 69797832
Fax: +39 06 6789284

Opening times

Open 08:30-12:00 / 17:00-20:00
Visitors are not  allowed  during  Mass (religious services)
For services schedule please refer to:
Opening times are subject to change. Please call the Church.


SS. QUIRICO E GIULITTA During C. VIII the church (already witnessedduring C. VII) was dedicated to the Christian martyrs Quirico e Giulitta, motherand son to Tarso (305). During C. XIV it was rebuilt and then underwentnumerous restorations. The present aspect is the result of a work by FilippoRaguzzini, who raised the new facade in 1733. The latter consists of two orders. In themiddle, a fourteenth-century-portal opens up. The interior, with a single nave, embodies avault that was frescoed by Pietro Gagliardi in 1856. The Museo delPresepio, moreover, is annexed to the church.

See also

Culture and leisure › Cultural heritage › Museums
Last checked: 2018-10-23 16:25
©2007 - Roma Classic version