060608


Chiesa Santa Croce e San Bonaventura dei Lucchesi alla Pilotta

Typology: Non Parish Church

Address

Address: Via dei Lucchesi, 3
Zone: Rione Trevi (Quirinale-Tritone-Barberini) (Roma centro)
Enter your starting address

Contacts

Telephone: +39 06 6792017

Opening times

Open 12:00-13:00
Closed Saturday
Closed Sunday
Visitors are not  allowed  during  Mass (religious services)
For services schedule please refer to:
Opening times are subject to change. Please call the Church

Description

S. CROCE E S. BONAVENTURA DEI LUCCHESI It was built on the ruins of thetenth  centuryC.X church of SanNicola de Portiis (“de Porcis” or “in Porcibus”).  During the second half of the sixteenth century iItbelonged, during the second halfof the sixteenth century, to theFrati Minori Cappuccini, but was given in 1631 tothe Lucchesi in1631. In 1682 Mattia De Rossi had it restored, after it had been entitledto the S. Croce. The facade has a single part body with a wideportal. A framed triangular gable is present. The interior has a single nave with threechapels on each side and was modified by Virginio Vespignani (1859-63). Theceiling is decorated with seventeenth centuryC.XVII  paintings.

See also

Culture and leisure › Historic places of worship › Catholic Churches
Last checked: 2018-03-02 10:05
©2007 - Roma Classic version