Chiesa Sant'Andrea degli Scozzesi

Typology: Non Parish Church


Address: Via delle Quattro Fontane, 163
Zone: Rione Trevi (Quirinale-Tritone-Barberini) (Roma centro)
Enter your starting address

Opening times

Visitors are not  allowed  during  Mass (religious services)
For services schedule please refer to:
Opening times are subject to change. Please call the Church


Note: Aperta solo per le celebrazioni liturgiche
Orario Messe: Feriali 7.50 martedì e venerdì
Collegamenti: Bus 52-53-60-61-57-65-170
S. ANDREA DEGLISCOZZESI In 1592, afterthe separation of England and Scotland from the Churh of Rome, Pope ClementeVIII ordered the construction of a church and a convent in order to start youngScots to priesthood. In 1615 Paolo V entrusted the Jesuits and in 1645 a newchurch dedicated to Sant’Andrea was built. During the French occupation thechurch was closed for the cult. In 1802 the college initiated its activitiesand in 1864 it underwent restorations which are currently maintained. The church presentsa hut shaped facade with two parts and a framed portal with a gable and twodolphins. There is also a ribbon on which the name of Sant’Andrea degliScozzesi is depicted. The interior hasa single nave covered by a barrel shaped vault. In the middle of the nave onefinds a fresco representing “Sant’Andrea in Gloria”, from the late C.XVI.
Last checked: 2017-02-13 15:56
©2007 - Roma Classic version