060608


San Rocco all'Augusteo

Typology: Non Parish Church

Address

Address: Largo San Rocco
Zone: Rione Campo Marzio (P.Spagna-P.Popolo-Pincio) (Roma centro)
Enter your starting address

Contacts

Telephone: +39 06 6896416

Opening times

Weekdays 7.30am-9.00am 4.30pm-8.00pm
Holidays 8.30am-13.00pm
Visitors are not  allowed  during  Mass (religious services)
For services schedule please refer to:
Opening times are subject to change. Please call the Church

Description

The church of San Rocco was built by the Confraternita in 1499, founded by Pope Alessandro VI, the Osti and the Barcaioli di Ripetta. It was completely rebuilt in 1657 on a project by Giovanni Antonio de Rossi. The neoclassical façade restored during the first half of the 1800s has a single order and is a work by Giuseppe Valadier. The interior has a single nave and includes three intercommunicating chapels on each side. Above the portal one finds a nice choir made of carved and golden wood, dated C.XVIII. Inside the church a nativity by Baldassarre Peruzzi, besides the marvellous frescoes byCesare Mariani and Giacomo Brandi.
Last checked: 2017-11-08 15:18
©2007 - Roma Classic version