Chiesa di Santa Anastasia al Palatino

Typology: Small Basilica


Address: Piazza di Sant'Anastasia, 1
Zone: Rione Campitelli (Foro Romano- Campidoglio-P.Venezia) (Roma centro)
Enter your starting address


Opening times

Open 24 h a day
Visitors are not  allowed  during  Mass (religious services)
For services schedule please refer to:
Opening times are subject to change. Please call the Church


The church hasancient origins. It was already present in the second half of C.IV. It was builton the ruins of the house of the dead saint’s husband, who died in Dalmatia asa martyr in 305. The construction was enlarged under Leo III in 700, and wasreconstructed under Sisto IV in 1478. Under the lower part of the church, ruinsof an ancient imperial insula can be found. The facade was builtby Luigi Amigucci (mid C.XVII), and presents two parts and two twin belltowers. The interior hasthree naves, and on the ceiling is depicted the “Martirio di Sant’Anastasia” byMichele Cerreti. The statue of the saint, whom the church is dedicated to, issituated under the altar.
Last checked: 2018-10-23 10:43
©2007 - Roma Classic version